Re: plip with mulinux

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Fri Aug 11 2000 - 23:36:41 CEST

dumas patrice wrote:

> Hi,
> I would like to use plip (tcp/ip over a parallel cable) with muLinux. Does
> someone know where to find the plip.o module compiled for 2.0.36 (as it is
> not in the modules archive on the muLinux site).

I was just recompiling a 2.0.36 kernel when I read your
posting so I included it in my .config and have made it
available at: http://www.clive.telinco.co.uk/mu/plip_o.gz
It uses address 0x378 and interrupt 7 so you will need to
make sure that these are not in use by the lp or sound
modules. The interface is plip1 (not plip0).
        Perhaps you could write plip.cnf and plip.fun files so that
the interface can be installed using "setup plip" which
would be much easier than using
insmod, ifconfig and route.

Clive