Ancient Hardware Problem - swap deficient.

From: Empty (empty@theriver.com)
Date: Tue Jul 11 2000 - 05:02:48 CEST

Hi!

First off, Michele, congratulations on making a truly elegant and
functional distrubution. I have added it to my Sysadmin Big Box O' Tricks. :)

The problem: I have an old 486 dx100 4m RAM laptop with 125 megs of RAM, no
modem or NIC, and no CD drive. I have been attempting to use muLinux to
fdisk the puppy and put in a rudimentary partition to install a stripped
down version of SuSe.

When I try to boot, I get memory problems(well, duh) and then when I drop
down to a shell, I get "cannot fork" when attempting to make swap space. I
can't even ls or fdisk. All I can do is pwd.

Any advice?

~Ben

---
"I do wish people would stop using the phrase 'has issues' when it's
perfectly clear that what they really want to say is 'has cooties'."
    -Cavalorn
http://sinclairbrowning.com/emptyspaces