Re: RCP Doesn't work

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 23:36:54 CEST

Sean Roe wrote:

> I cant get RCP to work.......during boot I get an error message:
>
> Starting RemoteControlPanel ...chdir:no such file or directory

I had the same problem running mu on a standalone box.
It was caused by /bin/fqn script not returning a host name.
Suggested quick fix, though not a good solution as it breaks
the fqn command, append "echo me" (without the quotation
marks) on a new line at the end of the /bin/fqn script.
You also need a browser that supports frames or the RCP
redirects to a non-existant url.

Clive