[mu SETUP]

From: Steven Downing (steven_downing@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Jun 05 2000 - 04:51:11 CEST

Hi there.
I recently downloaded mU (r9.3) and am going through the setup process only
to be thwarted. Then I read some of the docs that had been unzipped only to
find that the hardware.txt mentioned my problem but didn't have any
solution. The file reads....

>BTW: as per my earlier message about "kernel panic".......Mulinux runs
>fine on this system.....but the install kernel just won't boot comes up
>with a message about being unable to mount VFS.......but I'll figure it
>one of these days. (posted by winsor@wi.net)

When the kernel starts booting, in the intial installation process, it works
fine until:
RAMDISK: compressed image at block 0
crc errorVFS: Cannot open root device 03:41
Kernel Panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on 03:41

I've tried both our old 486 compaq win 3.1 system and our newer Cyrix686
win95 systems and they both generate the same problems.

So, any help or pointers as to where I should be looking to change the setup
would be great. Or just point me to the right HOW-TO

Thanks
Steve D.