Re: [mu TECH] custom kernel and Xwindows problem

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 19:34:38 CEST

On Thu, Jun 01, 2000 at 07:30:46AM -0500, Jerry Beckmann nicely wrote:

> The error that I am getting is
> (***) FontPath set to "/usr/X11........"
> TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 111
>
> Can someone help me figure out what I am missing or doing wrong with
> compiling my kernel?

A kernel which conflicts with X-Window? Very unusual.
But if you are totally sure, maybe you
missing in the kernel something related to internal IPC, sockets,
etc: X-Window is different from MS-Windows, and requires an
environment supporting client/server interprocess communication.

Do not trust in this kernel.txt, because it is unchanged since
long time, sorry.

Why do not try to compile a your kernel from scratch? You have to
answer "M" (module support) whenever you can, but please: add ramdisk,
loop, initial_ramdisk and floppy support directly in the kernel.