Re: [mu TECH] custom kernel and Xwindows problem

From: Chris Ellec (cellec@elecsysinc.com)
Date: Fri Jun 02 2000 - 16:54:58 CEST

Jerry Beckmann wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having a problem with running Xwindows with any kernel except the one I
> downloaded from the muLinux website. I have tried compiling a flat 2.0.36
> kernel (meaning downloading the kernel and putting the kernel.txt file in
> the /src/linux2.0.35 directory as .config) and I still error out when I
> startx.
>
> The error that I am getting is
> (***) FontPath set to "/usr/X11........"
> TRANS(SocketUNIXConnect) () can't connect: errno = 111
>
> Can someone help me figure out what I am missing or doing wrong with
> compiling my kernel?

It would be easier if you included the whole error message with cut and paste.

Without that, it's hard to tell. The socket thing make me think you might be
having network problem. Did you include network support in you kernel ?

Even though you are on the same machine, the Xclient (what goes on the screen)
uses a network connection to the Xserver.

Chris.