muLinux, breviary for nuns (Was Re: snafu)

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 21:55:57 CEST

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 02:30:14PM -0400, Unit 4 nicely wrote:
> On Wed, 31 May 2000 16:03:31 +0200, Jef Knoors wrote:
>
> }See...muLinux is user friendly, it has friendly users.
> }jef
>
> A good working model for the muNited Nations.
>

>Thank you very much and can I also agree with Stephen Isard that
>this is a very friendly and polite group.
>
>Bill Peel

Mulinux runs in many monasteries in northen Italy, and also in a couple
of convents in Tuskany. I heard rumors about muLinux running in important
abbeys in Europe (some examples: Cluny abbey, Novalesa abbey ... ) and also
at Radio Vaticana. They like much to enjoy mulinux, but a this moment they like
to know what really means such strange messages coming soon after login,
like "Arepo tenet opera rotas", "Quisque faber fortunae suae" etc.
(Oh, mon dieu! Latin is not matter of regular courses in Europe
such long time?!)

I've a remote relative -- called Sister Mary, living in a
Orsoline Institut -- which reports unbelievable news about a
sort of "muLinux mailing-list digest" used as educational tool in a
computer science first-aid course for nun. She said: "De Propaganda Fide"
checked the entire archive of articles and removed or changed
NOTHING, with a noticeable exception: they removed some sparse
Woody Allen's sentence, because it comes from such pessimistic ancestors
and also not fully politically correct. But all remains text is unchanged.

 *passed*!!