Re: v9r2u Re: [mu TECH] v9.r1b us.map is misnamed

From: jef knoors (jknoors@zonnet.nl)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 17:31:55 CEST

----- Original Message -----
From: Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it>
To: <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk>
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2000 12:39 PM
Subject: Re: v9r2u Re: [mu TECH] v9.r1b us.map is misnamed

> On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 08:37:19AM +0200, Jef Knoors nicely wrote:
> > Simple answer to a simple queation:
> > what makes a stable version different from a beta ?
> > The stable is stable.
>
> It is not possible to know in advance if a new release is "stable",
> or not. Using your algorithm, a release become stable only if I
> have no times to add new features.
>
> Michele

If the new features are in USR, then root and boot can become stable.
The new USR release would be tinyer to download.
You could untar files to /etc or /setup and overwrite older files (as in
upgrading) if needed for the new features.
I think it would be cool to work with a stable version of boot and root.
Jef