Re: [mu PROGRESS] DOSTOOLS.zip

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sat May 06 2000 - 13:43:06 CEST

On Fri, May 05, 2000 at 11:10:19PM -0700, Mike Johnson nicely wrote:

> Then when you load up from your mulinux you can go into "Maintainance mode"
> and fdisk to add a swap partition (in my case 20meg) now: (you do need to
> reboot after doing fdisk).. come in via mu and go into Maintainance... then
> new maint shell is fabulous!

I plan to enhance a little this rescue, adding more probing functions.
A this moment, you have a single floppy with SCSI and CDROM support,
and this is not so trivial.

> add a whole heap of swap since we don't have any RAM:
> mkswap -c /dev/hda2 20000
> swapon /dev/hda2
>
> now mount your harddrive (primary parition):
> mount /dev/hda1 /c
>
> now you can cd /c and run mu to do your installations, just make sure you
> have all the fd** and other commands available.
>
> mu -i and you can build from the tgz images stored on your HD.

You method is the "advanced" method: this is not DOS installation, but
really Linux installation. This is the exact way how I made my floppies.
You enjoyed the "mu" porting, from Linux to muLinux.