Re: Development over muLinux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 18:33:24 CEST

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:24:57AM +0200, Jose Luis Gonzalez nicely wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a Computer Engeniering from the Technical Institute from Aragon (ITA, SPAIN). We are evaluating some solutions to embedded Operating Systems.
>
> I have been looking to your Web site, but there are some questions that we are interested in knowing.
>
> We want to develop some applications based in Java or C++. Does your Linux distribution support the standard developing packages of this languages? Sorry if your think I'm very silly, but this is an important question for us, because we have to know that we can develop over your Operating System.

muLinux is only a Linux kernel + libc5 + a lot of scripts and some crucial
UNIX binary. To develop using muLinux itself is not realistic, as you can
well understand. I, for example, use another Linux (RedHat 4.2) when
wish to compile something for muLinux.

About Java: it is not difficult do add a Java Machine, like Kaffe, in muLinux.
About C++: in the disk GCC I provided the GNU C compiler gcc, with the
basic header for general purpose programs (not kernel related).