Re: Development over muLinux

From: Miguel Angel (maacruz@navegalia.com)
Date: Tue Apr 25 2000 - 20:43:12 CEST

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, "Jose Luis Gonzalez" <jlglez@ita.es> kindly wrote:
> >%_Hello,

Hola!

> I'm a Computer Engeniering from the Technical Institute from Aragon (ITA,
> SPAIN). We are evaluating some solutions to embedded Operating Systems.
> I have been looking to your Web site, but there are some questions that we are
> interested in knowing.
> We want to develop some applications based in Java or C++. Does your Linux
> distribution support the standard developing packages of this languages? Sorry
> if your think I'm very silly, but this is an important question for us,
> because we have to know that we can develop over your Operating System.

It will not be better to develop on a big linux and use mu-linux only to run
the executables? (taking care of lib versions)
For C++ programs you will need the C++ libs if not statically linked. For java
may be kaffe could do the job.

--
Don't see the world trought a window, be open{source}minded, and be free :-)