Re: Fwd: Re: [mu TECH] tcpdump tweak silly newbie question

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Fri Apr 14 2000 - 06:03:37 CEST

This I do know about*grin*
Late nights in front of a console, gettin' grouchy because you're making
thousands of typos, ashtrays piled high, with forearms sticking in the
coffee drops one spills.............phone rings, but the train of
thought mustn't be broken......oh well, they'll call back.....damn
1:00am and I've gotta' be at work at 7....gonna' feel crummy all day....
did I eat supper tonight???......oh well I can sleep tomorrow night....
yeah right tomorrow night........8^P

Such is Linux
winsor

Alfie Costa wrote:

> On 10 Apr 00, at 17:59, Renato <mulinux@sunsite.auc.dk> wrote:
>
> (drowsy code) >"ln -s /usr/bin/trafshow /usr/bin/trafshow"
>
> (intended code) >"ln -s /usr/bin/trafshow /usr/bin/tcpdump"
>
> > >Sorry about that, hope the above line is much more reasonable.
> > >
> > As you usually show very creative solutions, I was wondering if that
> > circular loop could do something I miss. A mu command, I thought.
>
> Thank you; sometimes after programming the proper mindset fades and it is like
> looking at more food after a feast. That "mu" feeling sets in; but hearing
> that folks actually like to read this stuff cancels that out with an "un-mu"
> feeling instead... Programward Ho!

The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to use. Point and click
software is too restrictive and difficult to do anything productive
with.