Re: muLinux addons?(OT)

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 03:09:13 CEST

Well I think that you're in just a bit over your head.....10 megs just
isn't enough space for muLinux however tiny it is.
At this time my UMSDOS install muLinux directory uses 40.9 Megs complete
(except maybe GCC addon).
The ext2 muLinux should require a bit less hard disk space due to
formatting differences.
I too use fdisk myself, as it's the standard across all the various
Linux distributions.(disk druid confuses the heck outta' me8^P)
As far as having to boot from a floppy....did you choose to install Lilo
in the master boot record???
muLinux EXT disk contains Lilo but I don't know if there's a utility
script to create the needed lilo.config file.
Michele???
and yes you can install mulinux "over" RedHat.
if you require assistance it might be a bit better to do this off the
list unless others are interested, as I'm quite confident that this has
been hashed over a few times already.
Let me know

winsor

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> Winsor:
>
> I finally got RH5.2 installed on the '486. I still have to boot
> from a flop but that's ok.
>
> I made a 180 meg partition for hda3 and according to DF it's 95%
> full? That after stripping out netscape, print options, etc. All
> of which makes it pretty useless but I am learning. fdisk is much
> more controllable than Disk Druid and I'm pretty good at
> manipulating that now.
>
> Next would be to install muLinux in place of the RH5.2 stuff
> which ought to leave me some room to do something worthwhile?
>
> Do you know how to do that? Can I do it or does it have to start
> from DOS? I still have 10 megs where I can install DOS 6.22 if
> necessary?
>
> Bob Goodwin Durant, Florida

The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to use. Point and click
software is too restrictive and difficult to do anything productive
with.