Re: muLinux addons?

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 01:42:48 CEST

This is in no way a hoax.
I personally have muLinux with all addon packages running on a 486 here
as well as several 386's.
Complete I think muLinux takes about 80 megs.
Your /usr/sbin/httpd error comes from not having the basic web server
running....I see this all the time.
When doing the basic install, are you configuring "usr"??? and then
cloning afterwards???
BTW I have a redhat 5.2 install running in just under 170 megs also(use
custom setup option)

looking to get you up and running
winsor

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I'm beginning to think that all of this is a hoax!
>
> There is no way that this can be installed on a '486.
>
> The hard drive simply spins forever when you attempt to install
> the X11 or EXT addons and fills up the drive with garbage.
>
> I have reformatted this hard disk twenty times in the last 24
> hours between muLinux and trying to squeeze Red Hat 5.2 into 212
> meg's.
>
> The basic boot disk runs ok from the console but nothing beyond
> that!
>
> Right now I have a screen full of INIT: cannot execute
> "/usr/sbin/httpd" whatever that means?
>
> Bob Goodwin Durant, Florida

The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to use. Point and click
software is too restrictive and difficult to do anything productive
with.