Re: network pcmcia dhcp

From: John Brown (jbrown@nwlink.com)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 16:20:06 CEST

Ok, well I have read ever piece of documentation you have available with
is very little. I used eth0 and it gives me the same thing Unknow
interface.

I did this back in v7r2 and it worked great except that dhcp did not work.
Trying now with v8r2 and it seems completley screwed up. I must be
missing something.

If there is documentation regarding the network config please point it out
to me cause for the life of me I can not find it.

I swear I am begining to this this thinkpad 510Cs is possesed. I have
tried 10 linux distrobutions and even freedos and something always seems
to not work.

what fun.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2000, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 30, 2000 at 12:46:15AM -0800, John Brown nicely wrote:
> >
> > ok, I am trying to reinstall MuLinux on my old thinkpad. I have come to
> > the network setup and it asks for INTERFACE and I assumed I type so code
> > for my NIC like 3c509 or something but it does not seem to except anything
> > i put in here. just keeps saying unknown interface. WHat should I be
> > putting in this field?
>
> INTERFACE=eth0. Please, read documentation or you wast your time.
>
> Michele
>
> --
> I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't
> remember any. Would two negative ones do? -- Woody Allen

John S. Brown
Northwest Link
www.nwlink.com