RE: [mu SETUP] Parallel Port Zip Drive

From: James Boyd (jamesb@nortelnetworks.com)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 15:32:07 CET

All,

Thanks for the answers back!

The Zip Drive S/W module ppa.o is in the modules sub-directory as part of
the distro. What seems to be happening is that the file scsi.conf is
read-only and even when I try to VI edit it as part of a new (direct UMSDOS)
install of muLinux (7r12), the file defaults back to Michele Andreoli's
original configuration. I have configured Zip Drives on several main-line
Linux's and had not run into this problem before. Maybe if I try a rescue
boot floppy, mount the hard drive, and then edit the file. I have little
experience in file permissions for Linux; I tried CHMOD 666, but this is
from Unix and didn't work.

Regards,
JHB