Re: [mu install/ tech] 2 surprises

From: PAULUZZI LUCA (i7100315@ingstud.univ.trieste.it)
Date: Tue Mar 14 2000 - 11:51:53 CET

On Tue, 14 Mar 2000, Alfred Breull wrote:

> I've installed mulinux 7r8 (no add-on) to the hd
> [IBM Thinkpad 340 CSE, 12 MB/ 340 MB] with a line
> in install.bat
> 'loadlin.exe mulinuz floppy=thinkpad initrd=ROOT ...'

> Any help is appreciated.
> Alf

Hi Alfred,
I'm the one who posted the message in Feb 2000:
I've tried to follow Michele's help but obtained nothing;
after I had other things to do, so ...
He suggested me that something regarding partitions in /etc/fstab was
wrong but it seemed to me all right. I read (don't remember where) that
installing in machines like Thinkpad needs some instructions at the
"boot:" line so I put in linux.bat also geometry of hard disk:
hd=C,H,S
... but nothing changed :-(