Re: [mu TECH]

From: Daniel Hayato Thomas (dhthomas@cs.rmit.edu.au)
Date: Mon Mar 13 2000 - 10:15:05 CET

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Michele Andreoli wrote:

> I'm sorry, Laurent: you can't. muLinux is a demonstration system;
> you can't install on it packages downloaded around the Net in
> easy way. That isn't a disk space problem, but binary compatibility.

Which brings me to a question

Is there anyway we can have an uncrippled compiler on a mulinux system?
Because the small size is appealing but I want to be able to add a couple
of other utilities onto my 486 bawx I have set aside to install mulinux on

Failing that is there anyway we can compile the binaries on some other
system and then install them across?

> Michele

daniel - who reckons this is a FAQable Question