Re:orapost garbage email

From: cosmo the great (cosmothegreatcosmicwonder@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 23:26:23 CET

Look, I was as irritated by the rest of you with my
mailbox fillng up with crap, but can we please stop
filling up each others mailbox's with complaints about
it! Just a thought...
thanks

--- winsor <winsor@wi.net> wrote:
> I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better at a later
> date to reply to all
> these messages during one coordinated time
> span......I'd be quite
> satisfying to think of this site receiving the trash
> it spewed returned
> tenfold or one thousand fold8^P.
> and if by chance the stated site was not
> responsible, this would be a
> very good lesson in the finer art of RTFM "before"
> opening doors
> (ports)to hostiles......
> Guess I'm still quite angry.....but slowly cooling
> down
>
> signed
> winsor
>
> jeremy@visi.com wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 08:42:59PM +0100, Esben
> Haabendal Soerensen wrote:
> > >
> > > You are right, but normally this would not
> happen. We are using ezmlm
> > > which has automatic bounce handling, and this is
> only the second time
> > > in in SunSITE's history we have run into a
> mailserver which is so
> > > badly broken that it avoids ezmlm bounce
> handling.
> >
> > Yeah, I wondered how badly ORAPOST's mail server
> was misconfigured.
> >
> > > So everyone, stay as far as possible away from
> Oracle InterCrapOffice
> > > or whatever it was that caused this problem.
> >
> > Maybe we should just declare that the bad guys
> were using MS Exchange
> > Server, and leave it at that ;)
> >
> > Perhaps we should suggest they switch to MuLinux,
> with it's proven
> > and reliable sendmail....
> >
> > Jeremy

> > For additional commands, e-mail:
> mulinux-help@sunsite.auc.dk
>
> --
> The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to
> use. Point and click
> software is too restrictive and difficult to do
> anything productive
> with.

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> mulinux-help@sunsite.auc.dk

=====
"Genetics is the study of the very fabric of nature..., not your fiddly bits." - Podge & Rodge - (Irish TV)