Re: garbage email

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Thu Mar 09 2000 - 23:48:48 CET

I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better at a later date to reply to all
these messages during one coordinated time span......I'd be quite
satisfying to think of this site receiving the trash it spewed returned
tenfold or one thousand fold8^P.
 and if by chance the stated site was not responsible, this would be a
very good lesson in the finer art of RTFM "before" opening doors
(ports)to hostiles......
Guess I'm still quite angry.....but slowly cooling down

signed
winsor

jeremy@visi.com wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 09, 2000 at 08:42:59PM +0100, Esben Haabendal Soerensen wrote:
> >
> > You are right, but normally this would not happen. We are using ezmlm
> > which has automatic bounce handling, and this is only the second time
> > in in SunSITE's history we have run into a mailserver which is so
> > badly broken that it avoids ezmlm bounce handling.
>
> Yeah, I wondered how badly ORAPOST's mail server was misconfigured.
>
> > So everyone, stay as far as possible away from Oracle InterCrapOffice
> > or whatever it was that caused this problem.
>
> Maybe we should just declare that the bad guys were using MS Exchange
> Server, and leave it at that ;)
>
> Perhaps we should suggest they switch to MuLinux, with it's proven
> and reliable sendmail....
>
> Jeremy

The more I use Linux, the harder Windows becomes to use. Point and click
software is too restrictive and difficult to do anything productive
with.