Re: Word processing in Mulinux

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 14:10:49 CET

On Sun, Mar 05, 2000 at 10:55:59PM +0100, Arvid Nymoen nicely wrote:

> >Reading a book about Buddism and Zen, i found the word "Mu"
> >has some relevant meaning for his. Surprise :_)
>
> Yes, I was reading some Zen Buddhist litterature some years ago
> - amoung them I liked a collection of fables or Zen stories called
> "Zen flesh, Zen bones" especially well.

My reference is "The Tao of Physics" (F. Capra): it try to demonstrate
parallelism between Ying and Yang, Quantum Mechanics and modern
physics in general, pointing on duality nature of matter.
Very acute argumentations but, I'm sure, some other
book might to affirm the contrary. For example: the monistic basis
of greek philosophy can match with the nostop search of unified
theories in Physics. Anycase, I like to consider modern physics as
product of Occident culture.

>Therefore I immediately
>thought of Zen when I saw the word mulinux the first time.

An illumination, in the buddhistic sense? If I projected muLinux
as Zen tool, boot process should never finish! But, yes this is
true, the "clone" concept sounds like buddhist reincarnation.

> The book mentioned above has this explaination:
> "Mu is the negative symbol in Chinese, meaning "No thing" or "Nay".
> (But it does not mean "No".)

So, MuLinux does not mean "muLinux is-not-Linux"?

Mmm ... a philosophic concept. Also in italian "No" does not mean really
"No" , but "It's suggested to avoid that", "Meglio di No" :-))