Re: [mu INSTALL] Greetings

From: Unit 4 (Unit4@I-Plus.Net)
Date: Mon Mar 06 2000 - 06:31:18 CET

On Sat, 26 Feb 2000 13:56:56 +0100, Michele Andreoli wrote:

}On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 03:13:49AM -0500, Unit 4 nicely wrote:
}>
}> A couple questions before I do this:
}>
}> Must the UMSDOS muLinux reside on C:\?
}
}No. In the past I tested also \linux directory in D:\ and linux.bat in C:\.

I tried to get it running from I:\linux (hda7) but it was not recognized.
That is, it appeared to ecognize hda7 as valid, but "could not cd to
/linux" when I attempted the install. Is this perhaps because it
recognizes C:\ as hda1 and all the extended partitions as hda2? That what
it looked like from the list of recognized drives.

}>
}> Can there be other UMSDOS/muLinux directories on other logical partitions?
}
}Yes. Only ONE directory linux\ for partitions: an UMSDOS limitation, because
}the directory name is not parametrized.

How do I do this? Run fdisk from within muLinux?