[muSETUP] Installation troubles

From: Craig Graham (craig@blksheep.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 17:50:29 CET

I have two old laptops, a 4 meg 486/33 and a 28 meg 486/40. I'm trying to
get muLinux on the small laptop in order to use it as an xterminal for some
more substantial machines.

I can get up and running fine on the 486/40, even if I reduce the4 memory
down to 4 megs. However, whenever I try and boot muLinux on the 33- whether
from floppy or from a copy downloaded to the MS-DOS formatted hard disk, I
get an error.

The boot proceeds until the line "Ramdisk driver initialising; 16 units of
4096K", then hangs and the following error messages scroll up the screen
endlessly until the machine is reset;

hda: unexpected_intr: error0x04 {DriveStatusError}
hda: unexpected_intr: status0x01 {Error}

Anyone know what's wrong and how to fix it?