Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux 7r11b released

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 13:27:32 CET

This is a copy of my email dated: Tue 15 Feb 21:57
It appears that my original message was truncated.
Michele Andreoli wrote:

> Concordly Clive's suggestion, I removed the "mit" trick from
> DOS installer and implemented a new one.

<snip>

> DOSTOOLS.zip is now the good, old DOSTOOLS.
>
> Plese Clive, test it!

        Sorry for the delay. My son was emigrating to Australia in
march, but he received an offer of employment so everything
had to be brought forward. We have all been helping him with
packing and final arrangements.
        With Shaun gone relative peace returns to the household and
I can get back to mulinux. I unpacked the old dostools in
c:\dostools and all went relatively well except for a typing
error "setup is ispecting your computer" should be
"inspecting". That was too easy and you did say "test it" so
I moved \dostools to g: (/dev/hdb7). This time it failed
completely. I enclose part of the narrative together with my
partition table as seen by fdisk.

VFS: Can't find a valid MSDOS filesystem on dev 03:07.
UMSDOS Beta 0.6 (compatibility level 0.4, fast msdos)
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address
c4defbe4

Segmentation fault
Mounting /dev/hdb1 ...
mount: /dev/hdb1 already mounted or /mnt busy

Which partition contains mulinux downloaded images?
[/dev/hda1] /dev/hdb7
mount: /dev/hdb7 already mounted or /mnt busy
abort: mounting /dev/hdb7
s)hell r)eboot s
#mount -t umsdos /dev/hdb7 /mnt
mount: /dev/hdb7 already mounted or /mnt busy
#mount -t umsdos /dev/hdb7 /mnt/usr
UMSDOS Beta 0.6 (compatibility level 0.4, fast msdos)
#

   Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
/dev/hda1 * 1 366 1475680+ 6 FAT16
/dev/hda2 367 390 96768 82 Linux swap