Re: [mu WIN98] Win98 Installation

From: Renato (renato@jfrj.gov.br)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 15:49:43 CET

Michele,

Windows establises an incestuous relation with the machine where it was first installed that is hard to break.Unless you have exactly the same hardware configuration it is almost impossible to transplant a previous windows installation to another computer.

Try this:

1- enable firewall (unplug second hd)
2-boot the rescue floppy
3- select cd-rom supoport
4- fdisk /mbr (in floppy or ramdisk - I don't remember)
5- cross your fingers
6 - setup
7- install everything from scratch

Renato