Re: [mu WIN98] Win98 Installation

From: Vieira Netto (vieira@intermega.com.br)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 02:13:14 CET

Hello Dear Michele,

Now the simplest way to have Widows98 working is to setup all windows.

From Widows98 cdrom copy Win98 Dir to HD and from dos8 or inside W98 run
setup from Win98 dir. This way you´ll have the correct device drivers
and the application migrated from source computer.

(to have Dos working, while booting, just after "Loadind Windows 98"
press F5.)

If you have room let win98 dir on HD, Widows98 allways ask for it.
but if have a working CDRom drive on this Box make everything from this
drive.

Some times I use this method, good luck!

Widows98 doesnt like cloning and Dolly

Michele Andreoli escreveu:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2000 at 08:14:32PM +0000, Clive Wright nicely wrote:
> >
> > If win98 fdisk is anything like its predecessor suggest "fdisk /mbr"
>
> Partitions table is ok. I copied the win98 installation from the
> notebook to the server. Now win98 boot, but configuration files
> contains setting for another computer.
> Win98 start in "provvisory mode", but without any king of program
> on the desktop. I need of a set of clean *.ini.
>

> > > Further: I'm in pain for my Linux hard-disks! I've no way to control
> > > what setup.exe is doing and, the nice .exe, might also format -en passant-
> > > my Linux installation on the second HD, for matter of only
> > > crudelity :-((
> >
> > The best firewall of the lot, if it is only a slave unplug it.
> >
> Used really in the past!
>
> Michele

Um abraço,

Vieira
Vieira@intermega.com.br
Linux User #100.600

Microsoft??? Marca nova de papel Higiênico??? (from MuLinux)