Re: Workbone

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Sun Dec 26 1999 - 11:37:52 CET

On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 09:26:20PM +0000, Clive Wright nicely wrote:

> Does Volume control in playcd (+ and -) not work for you either??

It works, but when playcd start, volume is at own max value (10).
playcd volume is relative to mixer value, maybe.

> Thankyou for examples. My brain begins to work, I could delete symlink
> "cdp" and replace with script:
> # #!/bin/ash
> # mixer cd 40:40
> # echo p |playcd

Better thing is to patch "setup sound" with a VOLUME parameters.
Anyway, it seems playcd start playing automagically, without send it
a "p" as you did, isn't true?

> > playcd is a script-programmable cd-player of 6368 bytes!!!
>
> I have patched my binary to fix the volume control for my mulinux box.
> Now 6376 bytes but with my limited knowledge of "C" I could not debug
> the repeat track problem.

The "m" toggle do not works?

> I attached the binary to an email to Dave Houghton. I assume he used RNA
> to download his email as the attachment arrived encoded as base64.
> Is there any facility within mu to convert this back to an executable?

Dave is mad guy if insist to use RNA as production tool!

> On the subject of debugging the metastable version of mu (I can just
> about follow the reasoning using differentiation [dx=0 could be an
> inflection] but mathematics was never my strong subject).
> I will send separate postings of features I have found that although not
> critical may be areas for improvement.
>
> Clive

Thanx Clive,