Re: Workbone

From: Clive Wright (clive_wright@telinco.co.uk)
Date: Tue Dec 28 1999 - 02:59:32 CET

Dave Houghton wrote:

> On 26 Dec 1999, Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:
>

> >On Sat, Dec 25, 1999 at 09:26:20PM +0000, Clive Wright nicely wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

> >> I have patched my binary to fix the volume control for my mulinux box.
> >> Now 6376 bytes but with my limited knowledge of "C" I could not debug
> >> the repeat track problem.
> >
> >The "m" toggle do not works?

"m" toggle works as:

/---> Normal Play ---> Repeat Track ->-\
\-<--------- Repeat Disk <-------------/

Normal Play and Repeat Disk are correct.
Only Repeat Track causes problems.

Your "Example 3" script did not work:
Volume indicated 0;
Elapsed time indicated 14 minutes (start of track 5);
No sound from loudspeakers;
*** CDrom pickup arm repeatedly extended and retracted every 2 seconds;
***
Ctrl "C" was required to exit the script, track 5 then played at full
volume.

modified your script:

        cat <<END | playcd

        -----
        mm # note extra "m"
        END

Track 5 then played at full volume, with indicated volume = 0 and mode =
Repeat Disk

Have also tried loading DOS cdrom drivers before runing loadlin to boot
mulinux but symptoms are unchanged.

> >> I attached the binary to an email to Dave Houghton. I assume he used RNA
> >> to download his email as the attachment arrived encoded as base64.
> >> Is there any facility within mu to convert this back to an executable?
>
> Yes there is, forward it to yourself and boot up that bloody awfull MS stuff... or get the sender to use uuencoding ( hint,hint Clive).

Hint taken. Sorry to have caused you to go against your principles.
Thanks for trying it anyway.

I shouldn't take a holier than thou attitude. I have got NT4 on my box
it makes a great boot manager to boot different flavours of Linux. My
only niggle is that every time I delete
"NT 4 Workstation" from the boot menu the loader writes it back at the
next boot.
        Yes I know Lilo can be used for multibooting but I have lost count of
the number of times following reconfiguration it displays "LI" and then
freezes, my only recourse being a rescue floppy. On one occasion it even
tried to mount the root on /dev/psaux; needless to say it didn't get
very far. Well that is enough of my ramblings. Thanks again.

Clive