Re: [mu ANNOUCE] Miscellaneus binaries in the MISC section

From: Dave Houghton (davehoughton@mulinux.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Thu Dec 23 1999 - 05:08:10 CET

On 23 Dec 1999, Michele Andreoli <m.andreoli@tin.it> wrote:

>I added some binary in the mu/misc section on Sunsite, as temporary
>material. There is also an SGVA X server, with libraries compatible
>with muLinux. I do not know if it works with the standard muLinux
>XF86Config.

Michele
Happy Christmas before I forget my fractured manners
It doesn't work for 2 reasons..
1. your svga file is fractured on the web site, you get enexpected end of file when you try to un-pack it. I've downloaded 3 times 3 different ways always with the same result. 580k seems a bit small so I don't think it all got there !!

2. the muLinux standard XF86Config.in needs modifying to work with the svga server.

To save all the problems I've uploaded SVGA.tgz and a short README.svga to the misc section on my website. Follow the destructions and it updates muLinux to SVGA with no effort. I've used this since version 5r7 so it's well tried and tested !!

------
Dave g0mxw
muLinux U.K. mirror