Re: upgrade path from 6r4 to 7r5?

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Thu Dec 16 1999 - 19:47:42 CET

On Thu, Dec 16, 1999 at 08:57:20AM -0600, R. Venkateswaran nicely wrote:
> Hi all:
>
> Can you suggest the best way to upgrade from 6r4 to 7r5? I have
> cloned 6r4 on my HD and I have made some changes to the scripts, cnf
> files etc to adapt things to my environment.
>
> Can I upgrade to 7r5 without losing those changes or do I need to
> re-do those changes when I freshly setup 7r5? Can I just retain all
> the files and only copy the "new" files from 7r5?

Differential upgrade is not provide, sorry. Myself, I cannot say
what I've really changed in this long intervall.

I think the best way is to annotate what you changed, than to
reproduce the essential part in the new release.

7r* and 6r4 are much different, also in boot scripts: pcmcia,
multi-user, cd-writer support, keymaps localtion, etc.