Re: TCL addon working - love it

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 15:03:39 CET

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 10:48:12PM -0600, Daniel Brooks nicely wrote:

> As a few are talking about other apps that they have
> installed or would like to install, I would like to
> add Midnight Commander to the list. I used this with
> Slackware's ZipSlack and loved it. I have the
> Slackware package and would like to get it running
> under muLinux, what command would I need to do this?
> Just wondering.

Midnight Commander is rather big (~ 300k) for EXT, so I added
it in VNC (orror!), because this addons has free disk space.

I'll upload soon, but with current BASE do not works properly,
because it requires a symlink

                /usr/lib/mc -> /usr/vnc/lib/mc.

This problem can be fixed issuing a :

                # /usr/vnc/bin/prolog

after VNC is up.

I also added in the addon LOADER an identical "prolog" feature,
for all addon. It may becomes useful in the future.

Also added in /usr/doc/help a sort of Addon-HOWTO.