Re: TCL addon working - love it

From: Tom Poindexter (tpoindex@nyx.net)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 16:20:38 CET

On Thu, Dec 09, 1999 at 10:48:12PM -0600, Daniel Brooks wrote:
> I finally got the TCL addon setup and working
> and it looks good. Coming from a Windows background

Thanks!

> (and trying to get out of it) I guess I needed some
> of these tools to feel a little more comfy, namely
> the editors. I have yet to really come to terms with
> vi and it's clones. The games are a nice addition
> also, I am not a big gamer but I like a small
> diversion now and then, is there a tcl version of
> freecell out there? Good job Tom! One question is
> which apps that were installed do not require X?

From the Tcl FAQ part 4, I think this is close:

What: Dontspace
Where: <URL: http://www.isi.edu/%7Ejohnh/SOFTWARE/JACOBY/dontspace-1.2.tar.gz>
        game distributed with a certain microcomputer OS Windows package.
        Runs with Tcl 7.5 or later.
Updated: 10/1999
Contact: <URL: mailto:johnh@ficus.cs.ucla.edu> (John Heidemann)

I was originally planning to include Dontspace, but dropped it for space
reasons.

The non-windowing apps are: mmencode, uuencode, uudecode, uniq, rmdir, head.
These are Tcl implementations of common Unix programs, and were written
because vmail3 depends on them.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex@nyx.net