Re: 7r4B Problems

From: Michele Andreoli (m.andreoli@tin.it)
Date: Tue Dec 07 1999 - 18:54:30 CET

On Mon, Dec 06, 1999 at 08:49:48PM -0600, Dave Houghton nicely wrote:

> Yes there is a bug in the setup routines that don't correctly configure the mouse type for X windows.
> I'm guessing that your using PS/2 mouse in which case edit the /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XF86Config file.

Found the error. I changed xf86config in the way it may deal with
/usr taken from a read-only filesystem. I missing some symlink.
Now X11 works and I'll release soon, today.

It's very impressive to see the VGA16 server work to my ACER EXtensa
with Neomagic card!

The same argument, for the sound system in this notebook: the PC speaker
work perfectly with muLinux, and I can hear digited speech from the
two speaker with "say" command. I can hear also WAV and MP3 from
the speakers, and this is not usual, I think.