Re: TCL add-on floppy, first edition

From: Tom Poindexter (tpoindex@nyx.net)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 18:18:55 CET

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 10:18:44PM +0000, Michele Andreoli wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 11:50:30AM -0700, Tom Poindexter nicely wrote:
>
> > Ok, 'cdrtoaster' will be in the next TCL release. Still 3k left!!
>
> No web-browser in TCL/TK?

There is fairly complete, but somewhat abandoned, browser called Plume. I
might try fitting it in in place of one of the other apps. The small problem
is that Tcl/Tk has native support for GIF, but not JPG graphics. Instead,
JPG are supported by an add-on Tk extensions, which eats a lot
of space. If you can live without JPG graphics, it's a cool script.

> exploring your script, I see you compress any tcl application
> in a single separated file. We know, a single big file compress
> better, compared to more little. What about a single tar+gz, using
> the a member extraction on the fly?

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll take a look at it.

--
Tom Poindexter
tpoindex@nyx.net