Re: TCL add-on floppy, first edition

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 26 1999 - 23:18:44 CET

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 11:50:30AM -0700, Tom Poindexter nicely wrote:

> Ok, 'cdrtoaster' will be in the next TCL release. Still 3k left!!

No web-browser in TCL/TK?

Hello Tom,

exploring your script, I see you compress any tcl application
in a single separated file. We know, a single big file compress
better, compared to more little. What about a single tar+gz, using
the a member extraction on the fly?

If you got ramdisk space problem, look at hte GCC addon:

NAME=GCC
RAMDISK="/dev/ram5 /dev/ram6"
MOUNT_POINT="/gcc /gcc/usr/include"

This addon use two ramdisk, ram5 and ram6, mounted in /gcc and
/gcc/usr/include.

You might use:

RAMDISK="/dev/ram7 /dev/ram8"
MOUNT_POINT="/usr/tcltk/bin /usr/tcltk/lib"

Anycase space occupation is not balanced between bin/ and lib/: this
will result in a waste of ram.

Please, create also a doc/ directory and put in it some little
manual about TCL scripting, if you can.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen