Re: Tcl-To-Go, take 3

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Sat Nov 27 1999 - 18:22:31 CET

On Fri, Nov 26, 1999 at 02:16:14PM -0700, Tom Poindexter nicely wrote:

> Take 3 adds 'cdrtoaster', which currently won't work since it requires
> 'cdrecord' & 'mkisofs', which may be included on a later EXT disk.

Good.
I created a new addon called VNC and moved the *big* binaries
related to Xvnc server and SVGALIB to this archive.
VNC isn't still under development.

Now, EXT will becomes the multimedia addon for muLinux:
added good things such modprobe, cdrecord, mkisofs, cdda2wav,
sox and still remains A LOT of disk space!
I think mpg123 must be moved from X11 to proper place: EXT
Maybe, a WAV->MP3 converter needed.

All those are very recent releases (download from Internet,
not from my harddisks) and linking with medieval libc5
finally succeded.

EXT contains now PCMCIA, ssh, SCSI and CDROM burning tools,
lilo, mkdosfs, etc: our mileage may vary, now.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen