[mu BUG] LOOP cloning do not works

From: Michele Andreoli (quisque@tin.it)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 14:07:56 CET

Thanks to all for reports about "loop" bug.
This new problem is generated by the "timeout" feature,
added in /linuxrc starting from 7.x releases.

That is how the bug work.

=======================================
timeout 5
if [ $? -ne 0 ] ; then
        # user pressed ENTER
        . /etc/rc.maint
fi
=======================================

/bin/timeout return "1" if someone press ENTER, but UNIX return "1"
also is /bin/timeout do not exists!

Now, LOOP mulinux uses an additional root.gz for the big mulinux.img
inietion: /bin/clone do not know anything about the new command
/bin/timeout, therefore ....

You can fix by yourself /bin/clone, locating the string

                # prepare the small initrd

and replacing the selective:

        cp -a /bin/ash .... $ROOT/bin

with a brutal:

                cp -a /bin/* $ROOT/bin

Anycase, I release soon a 7r2b release.

Sorry, but I do not try this old features by long times.

"I'd like to conclude with a positive statement, but I can't remember any.
 Would two negative ones do?"			-- Woody Allen