Re: mu[bugs] amtp bare LF fix

From: Dave Houghton (davehoughton@g0mxw.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Thu Nov 11 1999 - 03:01:13 CET

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 01:46:29PM +0000, Dave Houghton nicely wrote:
> >
> > Michele if you can't read this then I'm wasting my time
> >

> I can read, and also now I will stop my uploading!

That wasn't meant as a nasty comment ... it just reads that way. I'd just fixed the sendmail bugs and wasn't even sure if it would get through

> > Here's the fix for the bare LF bug in smtp protocol
> >
> > in /usr/script/smtp.pro
> >
> > change line
> >
> > cat ${MSG_FILE} to
> > cat ${MSG_FILE} | unix2dos
> >
> > and the next line
> >
> > send"."
> >
> > needs CRLF before and after the period. I couldn't think how to do this properlyso I used muhex to embed 0d 0a before and after the period. What's the proper way to do it for the hard of thinking?
> >

> For send, I will change the send function in /usr/script/net.lib,
> no problem.
>
> But your fix in cat row is required?
> Ok, i do as you did.

Yes all lines in the data section should be terminated in CR LF so yes pipe ${MSG_FILE} through unix2dos. End of data section terminator must be CR LF . CR LF