Re: [mu ANNOUNCE] muLinux v7.0 is out

From: jason (burningchrome98@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 10 1999 - 20:15:06 CET

Read on...

--- jeremy@visi.com wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 10, 1999 at 03:10:55PM +0000, Michele
> Andreoli wrote:
> >
> > I tryed Mandrake 6.1 and it seems more impressive, from
> a superficial
> > point of view: installation is very easy, the KDE
> desktop is amazing,
> > but something goes wrong in the ... inner side.
>
> I've been playing with turbolinux and redhat. Is
> mandrake nicer
> than those? I've come to hate redhat--their holy war for
> the use
> of RPM is bugging me (I hate RPM--I have no rational
> reasons for
> this, I just do), and I'd like to find a different distro
> to move
> to.

Mandrake is basically Redhat with some extra packages added
to it. Their auto update tool is *very* nice and their
bleeding edge "cooker" stuff is great if you don't care for
stability but love to see what's new and different. Check
their web site for cooker info.

> While mulinux is lots of fun for my play boxes, I need
> something
> more robust for my workstation :)
>
> > Anycase, I show my laptop Mandrake when I interface
> with other Windows
> > users: look more, more familiar :-)
>
> :)
>
> Jeremy

-j

=====
"When I look down I miss all the good stuff, When I look up I trip over things..."-Ani DiFranco