Re: NEWBIE: floppy too small ?

From: Shawn D Williamson (shawnw@farmington.utcourts.gov)
Date: Tue Nov 02 1999 - 18:25:22 CET

Philip,

Well, if you Really want to do it all on the laptop, you could use
PKzip to split the mulinix archive onto two floppies, then unzip them
to the hard drive of your laptop.
Example: PKzip -e0 -& A:\mulinux mulinux-6r4b.tgz - that will create
it on two floppies.
Then on the laptop: Pkunzip a:\mulinux - It will read both floppies
and unzip it onto the harddrive. (You need PKzip/unzip on both laptop
and desktop to do all this.)

-OR-

Why not just leave it on your desktop and create the Mulinux boot
floppy from there? (Follow the "installing from DOS" directions.
Then you can boot up the laptop with the floppy and CLONE it onto
the laptop.

Shawn.