RE: [mu] Mainstreamed??

From: Franz (fniederm@sers.state.pa.us)
Date: Fri Sep 17 1999 - 19:50:11 CEST

I understood that muLinux (incl. scripts) is published under the GNU General Public License.
If this is wrong, please, please correct me!

GNU GPL makes software free, as in freedom to use, distribute, modify, etc. It does _NOT_
guarantee that software is free as in free beer! As long as the seller makes available the source
code of any binaries, he/she is free to sell it at any price desired.

Why anyone would pay $10 for just a floppy, I am not sure...I guess it's not expensive if you
don't have internet access or a friend with a copy of it. I can sell a copy of the Linux kernel
for $1000 if I want to (if interested, please mail me!). But Linux kernel is also guaranteed
available freely to those who'd rather get it that way.

From originator of GNU and GPL: http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/selling.html

-Franz