RE: Internal fax-modem doesn't work

From: Bonilla, David (david.bonilla@intel.com)
Date: Fri Sep 10 1999 - 00:39:05 CEST

If you planned to run X you may consider.

Sis6xxx they are AGP Xfree doesn't support them very well. I had to diseable
AGP and fit a PCI SVGA card 2 Mb ram.

CM8330 Even with RH was a pain in the ass.. i was looking for OSS license
and OSS/Free license came for free within Kernels 2.2.9. CM8330 does not
have anything to do with Sound Blater, Did you make your soundcar work with
mulinux?

Modem.. hum.. I guess i ssaw those modems before into Compaq pc or so.. is
it an Manufacturer specific? if it is..it won't work.. or it won't work as
we wish..
Look for jumpers in your modem. Some modems have jumpers but people set them
as PnP. They can be set up to specific port an IRQ. Try to set it as Com2.

Oh yes buy an intel processor ;P~

David Bonilla