Re: [mu tech]

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Fri Jul 02 1999 - 14:15:41 CEST

On Fri, Jul 02, 1999 at 12:58:25AM -0400, pvoyer@harris.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using FAT format... With the answers that I got, I have the feeling that is
> should work. And I am going to try it!
> As soon as I have a result, I will be back and get in touch with you.

First of the *big* attempt, try to mount your NT partition
as umsdos:

                # mount -t umsdos /dev/... /mnt

This is because /bin/clone attempt to mount umsdos.
I don't know is this work. If this test don't work, edit the
file /bin/clone and locate this rows:

msg "Prepare root ..."

DMP=/mnt/dest
mkdir -p $DMP

case $method in
1) # umsdos
        ROOT_DEVICE=$DEVICE

        mount $DEVICE $DMP -t umsdos 2>/dev/null
        set -- `mount | rgrep $DEVICE`

and try to change umsdos in vfat.

If mount-test succeded, try to create manually some file:

                # cd /mnt
                # echo ciao > trash.me

If no errors occourred, maybe clone will work.