Re: mulinux-6r4.tgz un-tar problem?

From: Gerhard Thimm (gthimm@zbw.ch)
Date: Wed Jun 30 1999 - 17:49:45 CEST

Downloading with netscape is a interesting thing, because it can be
configured in many ways.

I get my lessons while downloading mulinux50. First there was the
untar-problem and suddenly it works. What do I remember. It works, if
after clicking a name to download, a download-window appears. It could,
but mustn't, work if after clicking the name of the file to download, a
big windows appears, which is slowly filled up with a lot of chars. When
this download finished, it is possible to do the "save-as"-action. This
terrible kind of downloading is obtainable in two tastes. With and
without decompressing/unzipping while downloading the .tgz file! I don't
know, but could imagine, that there are ways to configure netscape to
use internal and/or external decompressors?

So, when ever possible, a try to setup netscape to show me the small
download-window. But, shame on me, I'm not always successful. There are
mysterious thing between earth and heaven, e.g.: netscape,
software-configuration and so called intuitive user-interfaces.

Perhaps this could solve some problems.
Gerhard

Angoli Giovanni schrieb:

> I downloaded 6r4 with internet Explorer 5 everything works fine, i've
> unpacked and installed under Redhat 6.0
>
> Giovanni
>
> gangoli@crema.unimi.it
> juzam@masse.net <-- home address

Gerhard Thimm        <mailto:gthimm@zbw.ch>
Informatiker
ZbW - Zentrum fuer berufliche Weiterbildung
Gaiserwaldstrasse 6
CH-9015 St. Gallen
Telefon: (41) (0)71 / 313 40 40
Direkt:  (41) (0)71 / 313 40 53