Re: 286

From: Robin Stacey (robinstacey@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 1999 - 15:21:39 CEST

Me, I think there should be a law against trashing old computers. A landfill
tax or something.

Give them to schools, fer chrissakes.

A 386 on a pupil's desk running Linux is a sight to behold.

<GRIN> Teach them perl and latex at age 6, C++ at 9 </GRIN>

But seriously - solid networking, rock steady security, no site licenses and
minimal hardware costs.

Get a colour lynx to run under muLinux, boot via nfs from a single main
server acting as firewall and pout up a simple menu-based front end offering
access to the internet, news, mail, a word processor and a database of
exercises, you've got a viable system.

Please, guys - no more trashing PCs.

Robin V. Stacey