Re: MuLinux FAQ

From: Michele Andreoli (andreoli@pisoft.it)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 16:30:14 CEST

On Mon, May 24, 1999 at 12:19:21PM +0100, Dave Houghton wrote:

> >3. How do I add a new user in MuLinux? Answer: You cannot, MuLinux has
> >only one user. In MuLinux you are always working as root. (Correct, no?)
>

> Yes you can! Edit /etc/passwd . For a quick fix, change any of the Italian names
> at the end of the file to the username you want to add and that's it. These users are
> I assume left overs from Michele's testing.

It can, but the muLinux logon is a fake ultra-rustic logon: nothings happens,
you still remains root!

Anycase, I wish to inform you about this users in /etc/passwd: "Silvano Larini",
"Bettino Craxi" and so on, are corrupted italian politicians and "Sanvittore"
(my preferred hostname) is a State Prison on Milano town!

Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?
						-- Woody Allen