RE: MuLinux FAQ

From: Dave Houghton (davehoughton@g0mxw.free-online.co.uk)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 13:19:21 CEST

Yes it can muLinux clones to a Fat32 formatted hard drive with no problems.
That's the setup I use here.

>3. How do I add a new user in MuLinux? Answer: You cannot, MuLinux has
>only one user. In MuLinux you are always working as root. (Correct, no?)

Yes you can! Edit /etc/passwd . For a quick fix, change any of the Italian names
at the end of the file to the username you want to add and that's it. These users are
I assume left overs from Michele's testing.

> As long as I'm here, I'm about to partition my hard drive for a full
>installation of Linux. This fancy tool, Partition Magic, will let me make a
>FAT16 partition too, so I thought I would make a little house for MuLinux.
>Can anyone recommend an optimum size, including swap, for a cloned MuLinux
>system?

Mine is currently running quite happily in 70M on a FAT32 formatted drive. This
includes some development software not included in muLinux so I suggest
100M is O.K. as a minimum.

>Brett G. Castleberry
>bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu
>Tallahassee, Florida

Dave

Sometimes I wake up grumpy in the morning ...
Other times I let her sleep