Re: MuLinux FAQ

From: Brett G. Castleberry (bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)
Date: Mon May 24 1999 - 05:13:01 CEST

Greetings!
    Here are a couple of questions for the FAQ:
1. How can I format my floppies to hold 1722k in order to make the MuLinux
and X11 disks? Answer: You don't have to preformat your floppies. When
you run install.bat, Mulinux will automatically format them for you.

2. Can I clone MuLinux to my hard drive if I have a FAT32 file system?
Answer: No, MuLinux can only be cloned to a FAT16 formatted hard drive.
(This is correct, is it not?)

3. How do I add a new user in MuLinux? Answer: You cannot, MuLinux has
only one user. In MuLinux you are always working as root. (Correct, no?)

    As long as I'm here, I'm about to partition my hard drive for a full
installation of Linux. This fancy tool, Partition Magic, will let me make a
FAT16 partition too, so I thought I would make a little house for MuLinux.
Can anyone recommend an optimum size, including swap, for a cloned MuLinux
system?

Brett G. Castleberry
bcc9746@garnet.acns.fsu.edu
Tallahassee, Florida