mulinux netiquette (was: Boot Problem)

From: Bernhard Reiter (bernhard@uwm.edu)
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 21:00:06 CEST

On Tue, May 18, 1999 at 05:58:46PM +0000, Karl-Heinz Zimmer wrote:
> Am 18.05.1999, 19:50:44, schrieb Bernhard Reiter:
                           ^^^^^^^ German in an Italian /English Newsgroup?

> > ps.: I am not on this mailinglist, please cc: replies to me.
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> THIS is very unpolite !

Maybe you personally experience that as inpolite and your reaction is
in fact quite inpolite.

I looked for a way to give my feedback on my mulinux tries.
The webpage indicates that this mailinglist is the right place.
Maybe I should have mailed Michele directly, but I didn't find
clues about that.

I am not going to appologise, because I'm and have been on several Free
Software mailing lists and for most reasons I would not considers mailing
from outsite inpolite. If there would be a mailinglist archive I would use
that. And I am still available for discussion.

> So, would Your Royal Highness mind going there and subscribing the
> mailing list, WILL YOU ?

Thank you for the first really helpful reaction from this mailinglist.
It looks that the German branch of the mulinux community is not for me,
they are not interested in feedback. (Hmm this reminds me of StarDivision
who, according to LWN, have not resolved the RedHat<->StarOffice problem for
the users in spite of knowing about it for a long time.)

        Bernhard