Re: newbie and a checksum error

From: winsor (winsor@wi.net)
Date: Tue May 04 1999 - 23:01:35 CEST

Michele Andreoli wrote:

> On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 06:40:02PM -0500, winsor wrote:
> > hello,
> > I recently downloaded MuLinux 5r7 and when attempting to use the install
> > bat file encountered a "Checksum error in tar file" and it (my
> > computer)croaked(locked up) I attempted to download it several different
> > ways using netscape navigator 3.0 and all the files had the same error
> > message......has anyone else had this problem and found a cure???
> > Thanks
>
> Please: what archive? (mulinux.tgz, X11,tgz, ..) What server?
> Michele
> --
> Mi sarebbe piaciuto concludere con un'affermazione positiva, ma
> non me ne vengono in mente. Vanno bene due negative?
> -- Woody Allen
mulinux-5r7.tgz....and the server was
http://mulinux.nevalabs.org......the other links listed on that page
didn't have 5r7
Currently I'm using mulinux5.3......and have a great time with it.
Question:
In your kernel is ipautofw enabled??? As I would like to add it to my
system to enable certain TCP programs.
Please reply
Thank you
winsor